30 Post-Election Mindfulness Quotes to Inspire Peace of Mind
These quotes will inspire you to re-connect with yourself, remember what’s most important, and spark your creative flow.
We all need reminders from time to time. While it may be tempting to chug extra coffee and power through our busy lives, sometimes what benefits us isn’t to speed up — it’s to slow down.
By slowing down, we create the opportunity to re-connect with ourselves, our breath, and the present moment. This small process of checking in with the natural rhythms of our existence resets our perspective and allows us to make more conscious decisions.
Making the intentional choice to connect with our breath helps us connect more with our bodies and feelings. It facilitates deeper interactions with others and allows us to show up better for our loved ones.
Read the list below to spark your mindfulness practice so that you can continue your path to self-growth.
1. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
2. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” — Mother Teresa
3. “Look past your thoughts, so you may drink the pure nectar of This Moment.” — Rumi
4. “Every moment is an eminently suitable moment for unlimited profundity — if you allow it to be so.” — Adi Da Samraj
5. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” — Buddha
6. “The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.” — Jiddu Krishnamurti
7. “The future is always beginning now.” — Mark Strand
8. “We’re fascinated by the words — but where we meet is in the silence behind them.” — Ram Dass
9. “In today’s rush, we all think too much — seek too much — want too much — and forget about the joy of just being.” — Eckhart Tolle
10. “If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.” — William Blake
11. “Few of us ever life in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.” — Louis L’Amour
12. “The real question is not whether life exists after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death.” — Osho
13. “With mindfulness, you can establish yourself in the present in order to touch the wonders of life that are available in that moment.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
14. “Give your attention to the experience of seeing rather than to the object seen and you will find yourself everywhere.” — Rupert Spira
15. “No matter what arises, or does not arise, you are only Consciousness Itself.” — Adi Da Samraj
16. “Suffering usually relates to wanting things to be different than they are.” — Allan Lokos
17. “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” — Victor Frankl
18. “Paradise is not a place; it’s a state of consciousness.” — Sri Chinmoy
19. “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” — Buddha
20. “Observe the space between your thoughts, then observe the observer.” — Hamilton Boudreaux
21. “The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
22. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.” — Eckhart Tolle
23. “As the witnessing presence of Awareness, we stand in the background of experience; as the light of pure Knowing, we stand at its heart.” — Rupert Spira
24. “With meditation, you begin to relax in your seat and just watch the movie of life.” — Ken Wilber
25. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” — Buddha
26. “To understand the immeasurable, the mind must be extraordinarily quiet, still.” — Jiddu Krishnamurti
27. “All that is necessary to awaken to yourself as the radiant emptiness of spirit is to stop seeking something different, and to turn your attention inward to the awake silence that you are.” — Adyashanti
28. “He who has freed himself of the disease of ‘tomorrow’ has a chance to attain what he came here for.” — G.I. Gurdjieff
29. “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” — Carl Jung
30. “Watch, witness. Your body is not you; your mind is not you. You are just a pure witness.” — Osho
Mindfulness meditation increases your ability to direct awareness to the present moment.
Unobstructed, your focus on the here and now will enable you to find your flow and increase your productivity.
“The quieter you become, the more you can hear.” — Ram Dass
Pick out your favorite quotes and share them with a friend!
Together, make the commitment to re-connect with yourselves by prioritizing time and space for meditation.
Your future self will thank you.
(A previous version of this story first appeared in Inc Magazine)