Unlock Emotional Relief: Journaling with ChatGPT for Better Cofounder Communication
Founders experience difficult moments.
Many of the cofounders I work with experience an emotional rollercoaster while building and scaling a successful company. And as many of you know, that rollercoaster is intense.
Several clients have asked me for recommendations on how to handle the moments of difficulty in a healthy, productive manner because they have noticed adverse effects from not managing their emotions well.
In this article, I will save you time and mindshare by giving you one such tool: Journaling with ChatGPT.
When most of us think of journaling, we think of something like this:
- Taking out a leather-bound notebook and G-pen
- Writing the date
- Starting with something like “Hi journal” or “Today, I…”
Let me be clear, this is NOT the type of journaling I’m suggesting.
While keeping a record of your life can be insightful, the journaling I recommend is more about emotional expression than anything else.
It does not have to be time-consuming. It doesn’t need to be a daily activity if that doesn’t accelerate your personal and professional growth. It can be modified to fit your needs.
According to a recent client, this practice is known as “Rage Journaling.”
The first step in the practice is to bring more awareness to your emotional experience. This includes increasing attention to the sensations in your body, noticing the thoughts in your head, and working to better identify moments of emotional dysregulation.
Here’s my recommendation:
- Notice when you are bothered by an action or comment
- If it reaches more than 5/10, implement this protocol ASAP (or before end of day)
- A good rule of thumb: If you find yourself second-guessing someone’s intent, analyzing why they did what they did, or feeling emotionally activated and distracted from the next meeting, it’s a good time to implement this…